At Walmart, there are allocated areas known as MoneyCentres. At these MoneyCentres, you are able to pay several of your bills.
Walmart processes the bills using MoneyGram as well as CheckFreePay.
A few of the types of bills you can pay at Walmart’s MoneyCentres include the following:
Paying your bills at Walmart is an easy alternative to many other types of payment methods.
However, using Walmart’s MoneyCentres to pay your bills will come at a price.
Walmart makes use of MoneyGram and CheckFreePay to process payments.
Each of these payment processors comes with a small processing fee.
The processing fees will vary, depending on the type of payment you are making.
You can expect to pay between $0.88 and $4.99 in processing fees.
The fee you are charged depends on the biller as well as the delivery speed.
Same-day bill deliveries are more costly than standard or following-day deliveries.
With MoneyGram, same-day bill delivery fees start at $4.50.
CheckFreePay fees for following-day deliveries generally cost about $1.88.
While standard delivery fees are about $0.88.
In order to pay a bill at one of Walmart’s MoneyCentres, you will need to come prepared.
When paying a bill at Walmart, you will need to bring the following with you:
- The company name
- The account number
- The amount you wish to pay
- Your ID, passport, or driver’s license (for payments over $900)
- Your social security number (for government bills)
- Your housing details (for paying rent)
- And cash or your debit card
Once you have all the necessary documentation, go to your Walmart’s MoneyCentre or Customer Service, to begin with the payment process.
- Supply the staff member with your bill stub which should contain the company you wish to make a payment to and how much the payment is for.
- To pay your bill, you will need to supply either the required amount in cash or produce a debit card. Remember, bills that are over $900 will require you to produce a form of identification such as your ID, passport, or driver’s license.
- When the staff member or cashier has obtained your required details, they will then the payment for you. Your payment will be processed using either MoneyGram or CheckFreePay.
- Depending on the biller’s requirements, the money will be taken out of your account in real-time, during the same day, or the following day.
How To Pay Bills On The Walmart Website
To pay your bills using Walmart’s online platform is just as simple as the in-store procedure.
- First, go to the Walmart’s MoneyGram website.
- Register an account or log into your existing account.
- Identify the person or company you wish to pay by inserting the company’s full name, the receiver code, or the category.
- In the next step, enter the amount of money you wish to pay to the biller.
- Supply your personal details by inserting your account number as well as the payment details for your credit or debit card. Alternatively, you can draw the money from your bank.
- You will then be charged the relevant fee by MoneyGram, depending on the type of payment. Depending on your selected service, payments may take up to three days to clear.
It is also possible to start your bill payment with the Walmart app.
- Open the Walmart app on your smartphone.
- Under the “Services” tab, select “Money Services”.
- Provide the details of the biller.
- Continue to the express-lane in-store to complete the payment.
Yes, electric bills can be paid at Walmart. It is also possible to pay other types of utility bills at Walmart, including gas!
Payees are also able to pay bills that have been issued by companies.
Yes, it is possible to pay your credit card bills at Walmart.
Payees are also able to process payments at Walmart stores too.
Credit card networks that can be paid at Walmart include:
- Capital One
- American Express
- Walmart Credit Card
Utilities such as electrical and gas bills can be paid at Walmart’s MoneyCentres.
Bills issued by companies can also be paid here.
It is possible to pay child support at Walmart.
To do this, you will need to provide specific information about the state agency or provide the MoneyGram receive code.
You will also need to have your case ID number, Cause, Docket number, or your Participant ID to enter into the section allocated for the account number.
MoneyGram’s fee for this kind of payment is $3.99 which is charged as a convenience fee.
Can I Pay Housing Bills at Walmart?
Housing bills such as rent, or mortgages can be paid using Walmart’s MoneyCentres.
Renters will need to provide their pay lease ID number to the staff member or cashier along with cash or a debit card.
For housing bills, you can expect to pay a fee of about $4.
When the payment reaches them, your biller should notify you.
Walmart will also issue you with a receipt containing a ten-digit number as proof of payment.
Depending on what you require, Walmart offers a range of payment delivery speeds.
Generally, you will have the option for real-time payments, same-day payments, or next-day payments.
On some occasions, however, billers may take up to three days to accept funds.
Walmart offers a diverse and incredibly useful payment processing service.
You can pay a number of different bills easily by visiting your nearest Walmart’s MoneyCentre or Customer Service Counter.
Remember to check what documents you need to take with you for a smooth and stress-free experience!