PayPal currently has about 346 million active users.
It’s one of the top platforms that helps with secure online payments, so if you haven’t used it in the past to receive or send money, you’ll probably use it in the near future.
As PayPal keeps on updating its list of services, you need to know how to make the best of this secure payment system to conduct various financial transactions. So, what is the best way to create PayPal Shipping Label without purchase?
PayPal is accessible through a desktop website or a smartphone app that allows you to access your account and do a lot of online financial transactions. Keep on reading to learn exactly how to create a shipping label with PayPal.
How to Create a PayPal Shipping Label
If you already have a PayPal account, your job will be straightforward. Creating an account doesn’t take time, but you will have to provide documents that confirm your identity, and this might take a little while.
Amazon and eBay sellers find shipping with PayPal more satisfying as it allows them to keep all their transactions in a single place. Moreover, you can ship with UPS or USPS if you wish to. Whether you already have an invoice with PayPal or not, creating a shipping label won’t take much time or effort.
Creating a PayPal Shipping Label Without Purchase
Even if you have a transaction that wasn’t done through PayPal, you can still create a shipping label to send your packages.
The key lies in a particular webpage that is incredibly difficult to find on the official website of PayPal.
Here are the steps to follow:
1. Log into your PayPal account.
2. Go to the link http://www.paypal.com/shiplabel/create/. You can also copy and paste the link into your browser, and it will automatically log into your account if you have your credentials saved. If you tend to send a lot of packages, it might be a good idea to bookmark this webpage, so you can easily find it whenever you need to create a shipping label.
3. A pop-up window will appear on your screen. You will be asked to enter the recipient’s address and then click “Ship to This Address.” You need to make sure that you have entered all the correct details of the recipient’s address.
4. Next, enter your address or the warehouse’s address where the goods will be shipped from. This is the “Return to Sender” address in case the carrier is unable to locate the recipient or if there was something wrong with the recipient’s address. It’s crucial to mention your own address and not the post office address. Mentioning the post office address can create a lot of confusion, as your parcel might be returned to the post office, in case it’s returned.
5. Choose the shipping method. PayPal offers several shipping methods, so you can choose the most appropriate one. You can even ship your packages with UPS and USPS.
6. After that, you need to enter the information about your parcel. Entering accurate information guarantees that your package will arrive successfully. You need to enter your package’s accurate weight in pounds and ounces and the dimensions in inches. If any of these details are incorrect, your parcel might get returned.
7. Enter the shipping date. The date will be updated automatically to the current date. You can adjust the date if you wish to deliver the package at a future date.
8. Click the “Calculate the Shipping Cost” button on the top-right corner. This will calculate the shipping cost based on the information you’ve provided.
9. Click the Confirm and Pay option. You will either pay using your PayPal balance or your registered credit card if you don’t have enough cash in your balance.
10. After you’ve completed the payment, you need to press the “Print Label” option. If you have a pop-up blocker, you might need to disable it to display the window.
11. Print the label and attach it to the parcel. You can also create international shipping labels with PayPal by filling the required customs forms and packing slips, in addition to any extra steps. You can also mail your package by Priority Mail, which is covered by insurance that has a value of $50.
Creating a PayPal Shipping Label with an Invoice
If you already have a completed transaction, you can easily create a shipping label by following these steps:
1. Log into your PayPal account, and remember to keep your account details safe. You can access your account through the desktop website or through the app installed on your smartphone.
2. Head to the Activity tab and browse the most recent transactions.
3. Once you have found the desired transaction, click the order. This will expand the order details and provide more data about it.
4. Choose “Print Postage Label.”
5. Choose your shipping carrier. PayPal allows you to ship with UPS and USPS if you want to. There are also several shipping options available, so you can pick your preferred method based on the size of the parcel, its weight, your budget, and the time you have available.
6. Verify all the shipping information. This is extremely crucial to guarantee that there will be no errors with your label.
7. Once you’ve made sure that all the information is accurate, you should select “Confirm and Pay.” PayPal allows you to pay using your PayPal balance if you have any. If you don’t have enough money in your balance, you can pay using your registered credit card.
8. Press “Print Label.” The shipping label should open in a new tab on your browser. If the tab doesn’t open, it might be due to the presence of a pop-up blocker on your device. Disable the blocker and try again.
9. After the label has been printed successfully, attach it to your parcel.
Why Should You Create a PayPal Shipping Label?
A shipping label contains key information for a carrier to transport goods or packages from the sender’s warehouse to the destination of the customer.
There are several methods to ship your packages, as you can use UPS or USPS for this purpose. But why is using PayPal so much better?
- Unlike UPS and USPS, PayPal provides customers with discounted rates, and there’s no monthly fee involved. The amount you pay to ship your goods will be lower if you choose PayPal over any other shipping method. This is an excellent choice, especially for small-scale businesses that are struggling to manage their costs.
- Today’s world is shifting towards online banking and remote transactions, and PayPal can make this easier for you. All your invoices, receipts, shipping information, tracking numbers, and any data related to your customers will all be kept in one place for fast and easy access.
- If you’ve ever been to the post office trying to ship something, you know how time-consuming this process can be. For example, during the holiday season, you should expect to wait in a long queue before you’re able to ship anything. PayPal saves this time because you’ll be able to create the shipping labels without any help.
- Whether you want to hide or display the postage, PayPal allows you to create professional-looking shipping labels for all your shipped goods. Shipping labels are uniform and quickly created from the comfort of your home or office, so you can ship your packages immediately.
Also Read: How To Print Your Own Postage Stamps
Shipping your goods and packages with PayPal is effortless.
You can create a shipping label with PayPal even if you don’t have an invoice as all the steps are easy to follow.
Creating a shipping label guarantees that your package will reach its destination successfully.