Winn Dixie stores will cash electronically signed personal checks of up to $500 in value for a fee of $3.50.
What types of checks can be cashed at Winn Dixie?
Winn Dixie will only cash the following types of checks:
- Electronically signed payroll checks under $500
What checks can Winn Dixie not cash?
There are a number of types of checks that Winn Dixie will not cash, these include:
- Third party checks
- Payroll Checks over $500
- Starter Checks
- Money Orders
- Handwritten Payroll Checks
- Cashier’s checks
- Traveler’s checks
- Insurance checks
Will Winn Dixie cash a two-party personal check?
Winn Dixie will not cash two-party personal checks.
Does Winn Dixie Cash Government Checks?
No, Winn Dixie does not cash government checks.
Does Winn Dixie Cash Personal Checks?
No, Winn Dixie will not cash personal checks. Only electronically signed payroll checks less than $500 in value can be checked at Winn Dixie stores.
How does Winn Dixie process personal checks?
To cash a check at Winn Dixie, bring the following things to Winn Dixie’s Money Service:
- The check
- A government issued ID
In order to for your personal check to be processed by Winn Dixie the following steps will need to be completed:
- Winn Dixie staff will ask to see some form of government ID to verify that your identity matches the name on the check. A Passport or Driving License is ideal.
- They will then use a third-party verification service to verify your check.
- The verification service will ensure that the bank details are correct and confirm the amount before authorizing the check to be accepted.
- If your details cannot be verified you will be informed and given the contact details of the verification company so you can find out what the issue is.
- If your details are successfully verified then you will then be asked to sign an electronic receipt for Winn Dixie’s records.
- The money will be cleared within 2-5 business days.
Winn Dixie’s Check Cashing Limits & Fees
Winn Dixie will cash electronically signed personal checks of up to $500 in value.
|Check Type||Fee||Minimum Amount*||Cashing Limit|
*In theory Winn Dixie can cash checks for less than this but it doesn’t make any sense as you will be getting nothing after the fee has been paid.
Can I cash a $1200 check at Winn Dixie?
No, unfortunately you can’t cash a $1200 check at Winn Dixie as this exceeds their maximum check cashing limit of $500.
Can You Purchase Money Orders At Winn-Dixie?
Yes, you can buy a money order via Western Union at most Winn-Dixie stores. All you need to do is take a government issued ID and a means of payment to the Western Union counter in your local Winn Dixie store and then fill out the money order.
Be aware that there is a fee of $0.79 on every $500, and the largest money order they accept is $1,000. You can only pay by cash or debit card.
Will Winn-Dixie Cash Money Orders?
No, Winn Dixie does not cash money orders.
What are Winn Dixie hours?
Most Winn Dixie stores are open from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. seven days a week, however some stores stay open till 11 p.m.
Similar Stores That Cash Checks:
If there is no Winn Dixie store near you or you need a store that can cash higher value checks then Walmart cash checks of up to $5,000 in value and Food Lion will also cash checks up to $1,000 in value.