Walgreens does accept payment through Apple Pay in all their stores, including the app and website.
In fact, it is one of the first retail stores that started accepting this payment method in 2014.
This means that the company is embracing contactless payments and accepting other digital wallet payments.
How to Use Apple Pay At Walgreens
Using Apple Pay at Walgreens is easy.
All you need is your iPhone or Apple watch and an Apple Pay account.
If you don’t have your digital wallet set up yet, follow the instructions below. Otherwise, skip to step 4 to know how to use this payment method at Walgreens.
- On your iPhone, open the Wallet app. Be sure to have a debit or credit card ready. You need that to open an Apple Pay account.
- On the app, you’ll be asked to input your card details. If you don’t want to type your information, you can take a photo of it. The app will automatically upload your details. If you’re not comfortable taking a picture, type your details manually.
- Once your account is set up, you can start using your Apple Pay at Walgreens.
- Visit your local Walgreens store and start shopping.
- After shopping, go to the checkout lane and let the cashier scan your items.
- Next, let the cashier know you’re paying with Apple Pay. Then, open the app on your phone. Alternatively, you can press the right-side button of your iPhone twice, and the app will open automatically.
- Then bring your device close to the terminal and wait for it to accept your payment. You’ll hear a ping or see a green light once the payment is approved and processed.
- Check your iPhone and see if you need to answer questions or prove your identity. If there’s none, wait for your receipt, and you’re good to go.
Can You Use Apple Pay On Walgreens Online and Walgreens App?
Yes, you can use your Apple Pay when purchasing online and in the app. So, if you don’t feel like visiting the store, you can just shop on their website and app since they also accept digital wallets as payment. However, you can’t buy photo purchases online with your Apple Pay. You can only purchase them using this payment method in the store.
How To Use Apple Pay On Walgreens Online and Walgreens App
If you want to use your Apple Pay to purchase products at Walgreens Online and Walgreens app, follow these steps below.
- Ensure that your Apple Pay is working and set up. If not, you can refer to the previous instruction.
- Once you’re all set up, you can now shop online. You can either use the Walgreens website or download the mobile app and use that for shopping. Whatever method you use, shop like how you would usually do. When shopping online with your Apple Pay, the only limitation is buying photo purchases. But everything works fine.
- After you’ve added everything you need to your cart, you’re ready to checkout. At checkout, look for the Apple Pay payment option and tap it. This will open the Apple Pay checkout program. You just need to confirm your account using your fingerprint, Face ID, or PIN.
- Once you confirm your payment has been processed, you’ll see a green checkmark.
- The order is now paid. All you have to do is wait for confirmation from Walgreens.
Note: Apple Pay only works when you shop using your iPhone, iPad, or Safari browser. If you use an Android device or a different browser, your digital wallet may not work.
Can You Use Your Walgreens Balance Rewards Card Through Apple Pay?
Yes, you can use your Walgreens Balance Rewards together with your Apple pay. Walgreens has added this option, so you can still earn points even if you’re using your digital wallet as payment.
If you want to use your rewards card with Apple Pay, follow the steps below:
- First, you need to add your Balance Rewards card to Apple Pay. To do this, open the Walgreens app on your phone and go to the Balance Rewards card setting. Then, tap the Add to Apple Wallet option.
- Once you’re at the checkout, open your Wallet app on your phone and select your Balance Rewards card. Authorize the transaction with your Face ID or Touch ID.
- Next, bring your phone close to the payment terminal to apply your rewards card on your purchase.
- When asked, bring your phone close to the reader again to make the payment.
Other Payment Methods at Walgreens
If you want to use other payment methods at Walgreens, here are other acceptable payments:
- Credit and debit cards: American Express, Visa, MasterCard, and Discover Cards
- Gift cards
- EBT cards
- Digital wallets: Apple Pay and Google Pay
Other Stores That Accept Apple Pay
Here are some other stores that do accept Apple Pay:
- Acme Markets
- Food Maxx
- Mc Donalds
- Save Mart
- Shop N Save
- Super Valu
- Taco Bell
- Whole Foods Market
- Winn Dixie
Walgreens does take Apple Pay as payment in all of its stores, including the website and app. However, the store does not allow you to buy Photo purchases using Apple Pay online. If you want to purchase one using Apple Pay, you need to visit the nearest local Walgreens store.