Yes, Target does accept Google Pay.
Target has accepted Google Pay since February 2019.
Target Payment Options:
As well as accepting Google Pay Target also accepts the following payment methods:
- VISA Electron
- American Express
- Android Pay
- Apple Pay
- Samsung Pay
- Rebate Checks
- Personal Checks
- WIC Program (in selected stores)
- Campus Cash (in selected stores)
Payment Methods That Target Does Not Accept
Target does not accept any of the following payment methods:
- Foreign Currency
- Foreign Checks
- Business Checks
- Mall Certificates
- Chamber Bucks
- Money Orders
- Merchant Gift Cards
- Zip Pay
Does Target Accept Google Pay Online?
Yes, Google Pay can be used online on the Target website.
Simply select Google Pay at the checkout and follow the prompts.
How to use Google Pay at Target Stores
Google Pay is a quick and easy way to pay for shopping at Target with your phone.
Setting up Google Pay takes less than two minutes and it will save you valuable time at the checkout.
Setup On Android:
- Download the Google Pay App from the Google Play Store.
- Click ‘Get Started’ at the bottom.
- Click ‘Set it up’.
- If you have used Google Wallet or Android Pay in the past you will see some of your cards stored there. If you want to use any of the stored cards select them. Alternatively press ‘Add new card’ and follow the prompts to add your preferred payment card.
- If you’re using a saved card then confirm your credit card information on the next screen.
- Scroll down & accept the terms & conditions.
- Google Pay will send you a text message to verify your device.
- You’re all setup and ready to use Google Pay in Target!
To use Google Pay in Target to make a payment follow these simple steps:
- Unlock your phone.
- Hold the back of your phone next to the card reader for a couple of seconds.
- A blue tick should appear on screen to confirm that the payment has been made.
- Be aware if you are using a debit card your phone may ask for your phone pin number or fingerprint verification.
- First make sure you have Google Pay setup and installed on your phone (see the steps above).
- On your watch swipe down and select the ‘Pay’ button.
- Click ‘Set it up’.
- Set up a screen lock with either a pattern, PIN or password.
- Your phone will then download your Google Pay details from your phone to your watch.
- On your phone you will be prompted to select the cards you want to use on your watch.
- Accept the terms and conditions.
- The bank will verify you either via email or text message.
- You’re all setup and ready to go.
To use Google Pay on your watch in Target simply..:
- Click the watch screen.
- Swipe down.
- Click ‘Pay’.
- Then hold your watch to the reader to pay.
How Much Can You Spend Using Google Pay In Target?
Google Pay limits both the value and frequency of transactions carried out with the app:
- You can spend a maximum of $2,000 in one single transaction.
- You can spend no more than a total of $2,500 in one day.
- There is a limit of 15 transactions per day.
…these limits apply when using Google Pay to make purchases at Target.
Can You Get Cashback With Google Pay At Target?
You cannot get cashback at Target using Google Pay or any other contactless payment service.
You can only get cashback from Target if you use a debit card at either the manned cash register or at the self-checkout.
You can get up to $40 cashback in most Target stores.
Alternative Stores That Accept Google Pay
If your only means of payment is Google Pay and there are no Target stores nearby then some similar stores which do accept Google Pay include Walgreens, Meijer, Walmart & Quik Trip.