The short answer is yes, Target accepts Apple Pay as a payment method.
However, you need to look for the RFID symbol when you’re checking out, as it shows that contactless payments are accepted. S
ome lines don’t have the symbol, so be sure to check the sign out or you might end up paying using a different method.
Read on to find out more about using Apple Pay at Target.
How To Use Apple Pay At Target
Before you start using Apple Pay at Target, the first thing you need to ensure is that you have correctly set it up in your Apple Watch or iPhone.
To do this, you need to add a credit or debit card to your Apple Pay wallet app on your device. If you don’t know how, follow the steps below:
- Add a debit or credit card to your existing Apple pay account by pressing the + symbol found on the top right corner of the digital wallet on your iPhone.
- Next, you need to take a photo of the card you want to use with your Apple Pay or type the details manually.
- After you’ve successfully connected to your Apple Pay wallet, you can start using it like at any Target stores.
To prevent any hassle at the counter, make sure that your Apple Pay is set up before visiting Target.
If you already have Apple Pay, follow the steps below to start using Apple Pay at Target:
- Look for a checkout counter that has an RFID symbol.
- Once you’re at the counter, open Apple Pay on your phone. You can open the app manually or you can quickly press the button on the right side of your iPhone or the button you use to turn on and off your screen. If you press it quickly and correctly, it will automatically open Apple Pay on your device and show the image of the debit or credit card you added to your wallet.
- At the checkout counter, look for the payment terminal and put the iPhone near it. Make sure that you have opened your Apple Pay or else it won’t go through.
- Check your screen if there are more instructions from Apple Pay. If none, the payment will be automatically processed.
Important reminder: Target may tokenize your card number or Apple Pay on the receipt for security. The last four digits of your card that appear on the screen or receipt may not be the same as the one on your Apple. If you see this, don’t panic. This isn’t a mistake.
Does Target Online Accept Apple Pay?
Technically speaking, the Target Website does not accept Apple Pay as a mode of payment.
The website has other payment methods you can try since Apple Pay is not accepted.
However, there’s a way for you to use your digital wallet on the website.
How To Use Apple Pay At Target Website
If you want to use Apple Pay to shop at Target Online, you need to use your iPhone, iPad or Safari browser on your MacBook.
Otherwise, the option to pay using Apple Pay is unavailable.
- Visit the Target website and do your regular shopping.
- After you’re done, proceed to check out and click the Apple Pay.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and you’re good to go.
Note: If you’re using a Google Chrome browser on your MacBook, the Apple Pay option will not be available. It’s only available on Safari.
Can I Use My Target RedCard At Apple Pay?
No, you can’t use your Target RedCard with your Apple Pay.
This is because RedCard is not compatible with the digital wallet or any other wallet.
However, you can use this card with Target’s in-app wallet, if you prefer using it than your Apple Pay.
Does Target App Accept Apple Pay?
Like the Target website, the app doesn’t accept Apple Pay as its payment method.
However, the app allows many other types of payment.
But if you like to use your Apple Pay, there’s also a workaround for it.
How To Use Apple Pay At Target App
If you are using an Android phone or tablet, this workaround will not work for you.
You can only use Apple Pay at Target App if you have an iPhone or iPad.
Here’s how you can use it:
- Download the app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Next, open the app and shop like you would normally do.
- At checkout, choose Apple Pay as your preferred payment method.
- Lastly, follow any instructions you need to finish your purchase.
When Did Target Started Accepting Apple Pay
Target started accepting contactless payments such as Apple Pay, Google Pay, Samsung Pay and more in all of their stores in January 2019.
This allows the company to provide a quicker and more convenient way to shop and pay at the stores.
Apple Pay Alternatives That The Target Website And App Accepts
If you don’t have an iPhone, iPad, or MacBook, you won’t be able to use Apple Pay as a payment method.
However, there are other payment options you can use when you shop at the Target website and app. Here are them:
- Target RedCard
- Debit and credit cards
- Target gift cards
- Third-part gift cards, including American Express, Visa, and Discover
- Third-party installment apps: Afterpay, Klarna, Zip,Affirm, Sezzle, and PayPal Pay in 4
Other Stores That Accept Apple Pay
If you’d like to use your Apple Pay, here are some that accept this payment method:
- Acme Markets
- Food Maxx
- Mc Donalds
- Save Mart
- Shop N Save
- Super Valu
- Taco Bell
- Whole Foods Market
- Winn Dixie
Target accepts Apple Pay as a payment method.
However, the company only accepts this digital wallet in their stores and not in their website and app.
But if you still prefer to pay using your Apple Pay when you shop online.
There’s a workaround that you can try.
All you have to do is purchase using your iPhone, iPad, and Safari browser.