Yes BP does accept Google Pay.
BP has accepted Google Pay since May 2016.
Other Ways To Pay At BP
BP accepts all major credit & debit cards as well as other common payment methods including:
- Using their BPme app
- BP Plus Fuel Card
- VISA Electron
- American Express
- Android Pay
- Apple Pay
Using The BPme App To Pay
To Use the BPme App to pay for your fuel follow these steps:
- Install the BPme app.
- Open the app and ‘register’ your details.
- Verify your identity by clicking the link in the email they will send you.
- Set a password.
- Click ‘Get Started’.
- Click ‘Add Payment Method’
- Once your payment method has been added you can now use it at BP service stations.
Once your BPme app is setup you can use it by following these steps:
- Open the app.
- Allow the app to see your location so it can confirm which BP you are at.
- Input your pump number & confirm your payment method.
- Wait for the app to say ‘start fueling’ & leave your phone in the vehicle while filling up.
- Finish fueling and leave, the app will confirm payment and send you a receipt for your fuel.
Payment Methods That BP Does Not Accept
BP does not accept checks and buy now pay later payment methods:
- Zip Pay
How to use Google Pay at BP
Google Pay is a quick and easy way to make payments without having to fumble around to get a bank card out of your wallet.
Setting up Google Pay takes a couple of minutes but once it’s done it will save you a lot of time.
Setup On Android
- Download the Google Pay App from the Google Play Store.
- Click ‘Get Started’ at the bottom.
- Click ‘Set it up’.
- If you have used Google Wallet or Android Pay in the past you will see some of your cards stored there. If you want to use any of the stored cards select them. Alternatively press ‘Add new card’ and follow the prompts to add your preferred payment card.
- If you’re using a saved card then confirm your credit card information on the next screen.
- Scroll down & accept the terms & conditions.
- Google Pay will send you a text message to verify your device.
- You’re all setup and ready to use Google Pay in BP!
To use Google Pay in BP to make a payment follow these simple steps:
- Unlock your phone.
- Hold the back of your phone next to the card reader for a couple of seconds.
- A blue tick should appear on screen to confirm that the payment has been made.
- Be aware if you are using a debit card your phone may ask for your phone pin number or fingerprint verification.
- First make sure you have Google Pay setup and installed on your phone (see the steps above).
- On your watch swipe down and select the ‘Pay’ button.
- Click ‘Set it up’.
- Set up a screen lock with either a pattern, PIN or password.
- Your phone will then download your Google Pay details from your phone to your watch.
- On your phone you will be prompted to select the cards you want to use on your watch.
- Accept the terms and conditions.
- The bank will verify you either via email or text message.
- You’re all setup and ready to go.
To use Google Pay on your watch in BP simply..:
- Click the watch screen.
- Swipe down.
- Click ‘Pay’.
- Then hold your watch to the reader to pay.
How Much Can You Spend Using Google Pay In BP
Google Pay limits the value and frequency of transactions carried out using the app:
- You can spend a maximum of $2,000 in one single transaction.
- You can spend no more than a total of $2,500 in one day.
- There is a limit of 15 transactions per day.
…these limits all apply when you use Google Pay in BP.
Can You Get Cashback With Google Pay At BP?
You can get cash back at BP using Google Pay, however you must spend at least $3 in order to be able to request cash back.
Alternative Fuel Stations That Accept Google Pay
If there is no BP nearby then try QuikTrip as they also accept Google Pay.